MSMPM – Your Future Is Assisted By NDIS Assistive Technology
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is one of Australia’s most important developments in social policy. The NDIS helps thousands of Australians with a disability to get the support they need and live a better life. This article will explain NDIS Assistive Technology, its importance and how to get it.
NDIS Assistive Technology – Mobility
Mobility aids are devices that support people with disabilities. They include walking frames, canes and quad sticks. They can be custom designed to meet the needs of each individual person and their specific disability. Mobility aids can be used in conjunction with other assistive technology such as wheelchairs or standing frames. Mobility aids provide a range of benefits including:
- Physical support to help you stand up and walk more easily
- Improved balance and stability when walking or moving around on the uneven ground
- Increased confidence when stepping off kerbs or into shops/public places where there may be stairs
NDIS Assistive Technology – Communication
Communication is vital to your ability to live independently. NDIS assistive technology (AT) includes communication devices and services. The main types of technology that NDIS can help you purchase are:
- A mobile device such as a tablet or mobile phone with a text-to-speech service allows you to communicate by typing messages on the screen and having them read aloud by the device’s voice synthesizer software. This will allow you to communicate with family members and friends over the internet without using a phone or video call service.
- A keyboard adapted for those who cannot use their hands well enough to type on standard keyboards, such as those made for children. An alternative way for someone who cannot pick up an actual keyboard is through eye tracking software that lets them move through options using just their eyes!
- A telephone headset so that conversations can be conducted hands-free while doing other household tasks like cooking dinner or cleaning up after dinner has been served.
NDIS AT – Environmental Control and Personal Use
The NDIS assists with the following assistive technology:
- Environmental control and personal use
- Equipment that helps people with disabilities or health conditions to live independently
- Equipment that helps people with disabilities or health conditions to manage their condition and participate in the community.
At MSMPM we strive to provide the best support we can and assist with all Assistive technology needs
Health, Medical and Assistive Technology Supplies
The NDIS can help with a range of health and medical equipment, assistive technology and transport. The NDIS can also help you with home modifications that make it easier to live independently, or respite care so that family members can have time off work or study.
If you are living with a disability or illness, the MSMPM NDIS AT Service will be able to assist you in numerous ways. We can also assist with the fund’s usage, click here to know more about What support can you buy with your NDIS funding?
MSMPM NDIS Assistive Technology Requirements
- You will need to be able to explain your needs.
- You will need to understand the NDIS AT process.
- You will need to be able to explain what you want and why you want it.
- Team MSM Plan Management will help understand and prepare a case for you.
The MSMPM NDIS Assistive Technology team is here to help you and your family get the correct equipment to live a more independent life. We can assist with finding funding for any sort of support that may be needed as well as assessors who will come out to see you in person and make sure everything is working correctly before you purchase anything new.
Are you looking to start with MSM NDIS Assistive Technology Registration or get support? Register now.